Little is known about this artist "Who Cares" but their release:" Teenage Ego Trip" is a release that delivers both lyrically and production wise. These days, the majority of hip-hop releases tend to over saturate endless sampling (nothing wrong with it, sometimes it gets a bit old), "Who Cares" literally takes the time to produce their own samples by playing their own instruments, utilize their own singers for certain tracks, to even do their own artwork on the CD; Do-IT-YOURSELF! All tracks are clean and radio edit friendly. Very RJD2 / Wagon-Christ / Money-Mark / Anticon influence. Recommended tracks: 3, 6, 8, & 9.
1. Melodic dub-sounding influence. Down-tempo and synthetic sounding.
2. Dreamy sounding and a simple 808 drum beat. Fluttering use of flute samples.
3. Mellow jazz samples. mid-tempo. Eclectic lyrical delivery throughout the song. Recommended.
4. Dreamy instrumental intro. Melodic and mid-tempo track. R & B vocal hooks.
5. Quiet in the beginning. Trip-hop / dynamic rhythm transitions.
6. Mellow intro with the flue and Moog keyboard production. Dark sounding. Transitional change up in the drum beats. Recommended.
7. Light horns. Very slow-dragging and repetitious beat.
8. Uptempo production. Great jazz guitar and woodwind samples. Recommended.
9. Broken-beat and Nu-Jazz trip-hop, synthetic break-beat track. Melodic in the change-up transitions. Recommend.
10. Evil-dark / down tempo with a hint of dub-step. Experimental sounding production.