|Winn, Burton / First Light|
|Add Date:||2012-01-08||Pull Date:||2012-03-11|
|Week Ending:||5 Feb|
|1.||Feb 01, 2012:||Modern Donkey - Nontraditional Song Structures |
She Put The Hurt On Me
|MC Dizzy Jackson|
Bay Area native and resident and longtime bass player for the late Johnny Nitro with his debut release. He’s also played with James Cotton, Mark Hummel and - our very own - Byrd! It’s mostly a blues affair with two Eastern-influenced tunes to close the album. Instrumentation of guitar, bass, drums, piano, sitar. Strong stuff throughout. No FCC’s.|
*My Favorites*: 2, 3, 6.
1. (3:30) Mid. Rollicking ride with male / female harmonizing, guitar soloing, good driving beat.
2. *(3:55) Slow / Mid. Easy paced, kind of a doo-wop blues mourner.
3. *(2:58) Mid. Lyrics reminiscent of Screamin’ Jay Hawkins classic. Nice piano, giving it a southern touch.
4. (3:55) Mid. Buddy Holly classic done by everyone. Upbeat, drum-centric, nice guitar work, cool bass solo, backing vocals.
5. (4:09) Slow / Mid. Standard blues progression, guitar solo, slow-paced vocal delivery, nice piano.
6. *(5:31) Slow / Mid / Fast. Eastern flair with sitar predominating. Jazzy percussion with cymbals. Gets really rockin’, mixing east-west. Quite interesting.
7. (3:40) Mid. Sitar, percussion, harmonizing.
|1.||Sick And Tired||4.||Not Fade Away|
|2.||Because She's Gone||5.||I'm Gonna Leave You Baby|
|3.||She Put The Hurt On Me||6.||Bala Gopala Krishna|