|Various Artists / Rough Guide To Fado|
|Album:||Rough Guide To Fado||Collection:||World|
|Artist:||Various Artists||Added:||Jan 2012|
|Label:||World Music Network|
|Add Date:||2012-08-12||Pull Date:||2012-10-14||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||Oct 14||Oct 7||Sep 30||Sep 23||Sep 9||Aug 26|
|1.||Aug 20, 2022:||Music Casserole |
Fado Perdição, As Certezas Do Meu Mais, Meditando
|4.||Nov 06, 2016:||DJ YJ's World Variety and Cultural Tidbits |
Sou Do Fado, Sou Fadista
|2.||May 12, 2017:||DJ YJ's World Variety and Cultural Tidbits with Jamille |
Sou Do Fado, Sou Fadista, Mistérios De Lisboa
|5.||Oct 30, 2016:||DJ YJ's Cultural Tidbits: From Fado to Sevdah |
O Nome Que Tu Me Davas, Ai, Margarida, Que Deus Me Perdone, Mistérios De Lisboa
|3.||Nov 19, 2016:||Music Casserole |
Sou Do Fado, Sou Fadista, As Certezas Do Meu Mais
|6.||Aug 05, 2016:||World Sampler |
Sou Do Fado, Sou Fadista, Que Deus Me Perdone, Mistérios De Lisboa
The deep, passionate music known as Fado has its roots firmly planed it Portugal. It is embodied by soaring and emotional vocals and lush guitar work. This 2-disc set is full of warm, often sad odes to love and love gone wrong. As wtth most of the “Rough Guide” series, it’s all worth a play (mostly ballads w/a few more upbeat tracks thrown in. Disc 1 is a regular compilation but disc 2 features star Fadista Cristina Branco and her delicious voice. But check out these especially:|
1. Slow, trilling guitar w/warm male vocals. Absolutely gorgeous.
3. Light guitar work leads into relaxed soaring female vocals. Yow
5. Delicate strings, solo guitar w/a gentle air of sadness throughout.
7. Wonderfully slow, heartbreaking female vocals & strings.
8. Bright & bouncy strings w/a happy, lilting sound. So good.
11. Sweet, nostalgic, wonderfully clear, gentle fem vox.
1. Sweet, lightly bouncy strings then husky, passionate fem vox.
3. Slow with those beautiful, crystal-perfect emotional voice.
5. A bit more upbeat with wonderful interplay w/vox & strings.
7. Is that a sitar? Strings in a midtempo love song w/great vox.
8. A capella intro then a slow, relaxed guitar. Lovely.
9. Upbeat & bright strings that counterpoint w/her emotive vox.
12. Down/midtempo strings backing her warm and rich vocals.
14. Slow, wonderful blend of her voice & a guitar. Simple power.