|Floating Points / Shadows|
|Artist:||Floating Points||Added:||Jan 2012|
|Add Date:||2012-01-16||Pull Date:||2012-03-19||Charts:||RPM/Electronica|
|Week Ending:||Mar 11||Mar 4||Feb 26||Feb 12||Feb 5||Jan 29||Jan 22|
|1.||Dec 13, 2016:||The Offbeat Generation |
|4.||Jan 09, 2016:||Narnia |
|2.||Sep 17, 2016:||The Offbeat Fill |
|5.||Feb 04, 2015:||After the After Party |
|3.||Jul 14, 2016:||The Off-Beat Generation |
|6.||Apr 10, 2012:||Clubbing Zeal |
Ambient blend of house and dubstep. When Sam Shepherd isn’t a PhD student in neuroscience, he is making people turn their heads on dancefloors around the world with his clever blend of bass and beats as Floating Points. Shadows is arguably his most elaborate work so far, with a rich depth in the sound as well as a surprising subtlety. Stellar EP! For fans of Dam Mantle and Zomby.|
Try: 5, 3, 1, 4
1) 9:59 * Underwater rumble. Free jazz inspired feel that gains more focus and momentum when warm ripples of bass wash over.
2) 5:20 Constant twists and turns. Stripped down, unpredictable percussion with warm floating keys on top.
3) 4:21 * Heavy on the low-end. Nervous twitches and a hesitant feel. Pushy kick drum pattern with endless variations in the other layers.
4) 9:17 * 2 minutes of buildup evaporate, builds again, and takes off into distant space. Amazingly well produced and
5) 8:12 ** Beefy percussion with lots of drive. Slight melancholic twist in the ringing synthesizers. Just beautiful.