|Elk Bell / Superfragilistic|
|Add Date:||2013-07-14||Pull Date:||2013-09-15||Charts:||Reggae/World|
|Week Ending:||18 Aug||11 Aug||21 Jul|
|1.||Wed, 14 Aug 13:||Mister Esquire|
Meow After Midnight
|3.||Wed, 17 Jul 13:||Labiba|
|2.||Sat, 10 Aug 13:||Eme O|
Superfragilistic by Elk Bell|
Elk Bell, an indie artist from Australia & this is her debut album. With a title like Superfragilistic you know it’s got to have little bit of that magic from those Mary Poppins songs. The album does have charming & delightful songs about love, and there are a couple of songs that are tinged with sadness. Overall, a pleasing debut that beckons you to listen.
1. Soothing, slow guitar chords that draws you to listen to this sad love song.
2. Mellow love song song in a charming soft voice.
3. Upbeat music. This is the kind of song you’d listen by a camfire or when driving down a country lane on a Sunday morning.
4. This tracks drops down a notch and is edged with sadness.
5. Happy and upbeat tune about seizing the moment.
6. Opening chords remind you of dewy, rain-filled mornings. Mellow.
7. Tinged with sadness that can bring you down a bit if you listen to the words.
8. Slow, searching kind of number.
9. Charming tune, but the words make you sit up & think about love & life.
Reviewed by Kamla April 2013
|1.||Holiday Island||5.||I'll Love You If You'll Love Me|
|2.||Hold On Hold On||6.||Sway|
|3.||A Little Cold Outside||7.||You Just Watch Me Walk Away|
|4.||I Never Wanted You Like I Now Do||8.||That Is Why|
|9.||All Fall Down|