|Cloud Nothings / Attack On Memory|
|Album:||Attack On Memory||Collection:||General|
|Add Date:||2012-06-16||Pull Date:||2012-08-19|
|Week Ending:||19 Aug||8 Jul||1 Jul||24 Jun|
|1.||Feb 24, 2020:||good boy sweater |
|4.||Feb 02, 2020:||Alphabet Soup |
|2.||Feb 10, 2020:||good boy sweater |
|5.||Jan 29, 2020:||soft boiled |
|3.||Feb 07, 2020:||PWR Alto Power Hour |
|6.||Jun 15, 2017:||alternative energy. |
Dylan Baldi used to make lo-fi pop. Then he put together a full band and made this fireball of an album. Produced by Steve Albini, this is loud, hard-hitting, upset, and furious in all the best ways. In concert these guys sometimes sound like a rocket taking off. If you have nine minutes, play track 2. If not, 3,4 are especially good. No FCCs.
1. (4:41)—The doomy, slow beginning sounds like a more aggressive Black Heart Procession. The song builds until -1:00 and unleashes a barrage of loud guitars and shouted vocals. Brief false ending at -0:15.
2. **(8:54)—Fast. Begins as a particularly heavy straight-up rock song. Then three minutes in the band switches to a prolonged instrumental build that climaxes with HOW ARE THESE POSSIBLE drum fills at -2:20. Another tapering off, and then another buildup. At the bitter end, Baldi screams his lungs out, and it sounds amazing.
3. *(3:15)—Fast mosh pit music that seems to get even faster as the song progresses.
4. *(2:47)—A medium-fast pop earworm (man, is it) with fantastically jagged start-stop choruses.
5. (3:04)—Instrumental. More fast, unrelenting mosh pit music.
6. (3:36)—Medium-slow. Ominous, angry, catchy. Winds down to a relatively soft but sinister conclusion.
7. (4:16)—Medium-fast. Sprawls out a bit but remains gripping throughout. A little less angry and a little more depressing than the other songs.
8. (3:17)—The most pop-oriented song of the bunch, especially evident during the choruses. The lyrics are still quite dark, though.
|1.||No Future/No Past||5.||Separation|
|2.||Wasted Days||6.||No Sentiment|
|3.||Fall In||7.||Our Plans|
|4.||Stay Useless||8.||Cut You|